Hey guys! I just made THE best scones. They taste non-vegan but are completely dairy and refined sugar free. I saw the recipie on my Pinterest (I’ll link the blog down below) and had to try it! I added a bit more raspberries to give it extra sweetness and also a little toasted coconut on top.
1 cup fresh raspberries (I used a heaping cup)
3 tablespoons coconut sugar
3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
2 cups flower (I used I bleached white flour but if you wanted to make a helshtier alternative you could try whole wheat or gluten free, they will come out a bit denser/ less fluffy)
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut shreds
1 can/ cup coconut milk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and like a baking sheet with parchment paper or a rubber cookie sheet.
- Stir together the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, salt, coconut sugar, coconut shreds and oil.
- In another bowl: mix the coconut milk and vanilla extract.
- Combine until dough forms. Pouring dry mixture in small batches at a time. And don’t over mix!
- Add raspberries by gently folding them in the dough with your hands. The raspberries will separate and get a little gooey. That’s okay!
- Next place the dough on your cookie sheet and form into a ball, then press down to flatten out. It should be about 2 inches in height.
- Cut out 8 triangles ( like you are cutting a pizza).
- Evenly space the pieces ans sprinkle with left over coconut shreds.
- Pop in the oven for 10 minutes until golden.
- Serve with coconut yougurt or vegan whipped cream alternative. I put coconut aminos on mine but you could also use maple syrup.
Love Rachel Grace
(I haven’t been able to transfer my photos onto my computer so sorry for no pics! But I’ll have them up as soon as I can figure out whats going on)